A commanding double fronted Victorian residence of notable local prominence, classic proportion and considerable architectural integrity.
This former vicarage is owned by a Diocese and it is believed that this is the first time in its approx. 140 year history that the property has come to the market. This represents a truly wonderful opportunity to acquire an already imposing family house (over 4,000 sq ft) comprising three natural floors plus basement with immense scope to carry out an exciting program of improvement and refurbishment with the possibility of further extension (STUC). Outside, the property benefits from a deep front garden with provision for off street parking and a magnificent rear garden extending to over 115'.
Situated opposite the world renown Royal Botanic Gardens and near Victoria Gate, the property enjoys a splendid location within Kew village with a wonderful array of local shops, restaurants, cafes and artisan outlets close to hand. The adjoining Kew Gardens station provides District Line Underground and North London Line BR services.
Also within easy reach are the many attractions around historic Kew Green including the cricket square, pond and St Anne's Church which originally dates from 1714.
Richmond is nearby and offers a greater selection of shops and eateries plus a mainline station with fast BR services to Clapham Junction, London Waterloo and other BR routes across the Capital - as well as the District Line Underground.
Steeped in regal history, Richmond Green is gloriously set adjacent to the hubbub of Richmond and opposite the landmark Theatre.
The River Thames is a prominent feature in the area as it meanders from Richmond and around Kew and is easily accessible off Kew Green. Pedestrians and cyclists alike enjoy the adjacent towpath that runs towards and away from the Capital.